Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I've Been Tagged Addendum

I'm not sure if addendum is the appropriate word for the title, but it's 12:11 a.m. and I'm not going to take the time to find out. When I was posting earlier tonight, I got to number eight, and my original number eight had slipped my mind. I was fervently trying to remember number eight so I could finish up the post, but the kids were needing to get out of the tub, so I hurriedly typed in the backup number eight about the speeding ticket. As I was brushing my teeth just now, I remembered my original number eight, and because it is SUMMER and I don't have to get up early tomorrow, I will add this little post.

The original #8. My parents bought their first house in 19 sixty something, and my brother and I were both born in that house (not literally, but you know what I mean.) I lived in that house until the summer before my sophomore year of college when we moved to the address where my parents now live. My brother was somewhat newly married and was renting a house a couple of blocks away. I'm not sure if they were already looking for homes to buy or not, but he and his wife ended up buying our childhood home from my parents. A few years and 1 kid later with another on the way, they decided to buy a larger house. Jason and I were living in a house a few blocks down the road, and when the opportunity to buy my childhood home presented itself, we took it and purchased the home from my brother. A couple of years and 1 kid later, we decided to buy a larger house. Jason's sister was living a few blocks away, and she ended up purchasing the house from us. A few years and 1 husband later, she decided to buy a larger house, and the home finally went out of the family. Each family added their own little flavor to the house, but it still remained pretty much the same through each transition. My bedroom went from my bedroom to my nephew's bedroom to Elizabeth's bedroom to a guest room. I haven't been back to the house since Jen and Scott moved, but I have taken Elizabeth by the house and told her that was the first house she lived in.

Elizabeth says that when she gets married, she and her husband are going to live in our house - at this point she said Jason and I could stay, too. We'll see in 20 years. Anna says she is going to be a carpenter when she grows up, and she is going to build mommy and daddy a house and herself a house. She is going to live by herself she says, although she named who her husband is going to be the other day. We're not sure if she is going to let him live with her. Two kids, same parents, way different personalities. Go figure.

On a side note, triathlon training began yesterday. I am going to try to post updates like I did for last year's race, but that means I've actually got to start training. I did do yesterday's (35 minute bike) and figured playing in two softball games tonight offset the 20 minute run requirement. We are starting 7 weeks earlier this summer, so I figure I can take it easy these first 7 weeks.

Wow, with so much to blog about now, it's a good thing it's summer break.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaena said...

Anna's attitude toward marriage cracks me up. Kids are funny about marriage. Elisha has been wanting to marry Madelyn someday...he also mentioned "Miss Tasha" who happens to be happily married with 3 kids. :) We're working with him on some basic marriage "guidelines."

June 13, 2007 7:07 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I'm soooooo glad you're back in blogland!!!

June 13, 2007 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home