Saturday, June 09, 2007

I've Been Tagged

Actually, I was tagged quite a long time ago. I had to look back at Bekah's post to see what that even meant, and I found her post in the May 2007 archives. I knew that being tagged had something to do with me giving out some facts about myself, but I was hoping there were predetermined questions to answer. Instead I have realized that I just talk about 8 random facts about myself. Since I'm a pretty boring person (meaning mostly boring, not pretty AND boring, although if I considered myself as such, I would have two random facts knocked out already,) I'm not sure how exciting of a post this will be, but after three days of sitting in the sun at a yard sale, this type of post is about all I can handle for now. So here goes...

1. I know I have covered this in a past post, but it is a random odd fact about myself - I sit down when I take my shower. This started when I was a kid. I am not an early riser, but ever since I have been old enough to bathe myself completely (which was when I was about 16 because my mom is compulsive about cleanliness,) I have taken a shower in the morning. I was/am so tired when first get up that I need that extra 10-15 minutes not on my feet. When I was in middle school and high school, I would get up, shower, and then go back to bed for 20 minutes before I finished getting ready. We were on a strict shower schedule since there was one shower and four people, so I had to jump in when I could, and sometimes my body wasn't quite ready. There are some exceptions to me sitting down - our camper shower (not enough room or hot water,) campground bathroom facilities (do I really need to say more?) and some hotels depending if I am the first to shower (if anyone else has gone before me, I figure they have washed away the previous inhabitants cooties.) Sometimes if I am bathing in a stand in shower only, I have to survey the situation to see if I can scrunch in. This is how our shower is in our bedroom, and it works okay unless I am 9 months pregnant.

2. If you follow Anon's blog, you already know this, but I am a huge Skillet fan. When we go to their concerts, I am always walking the fine line of loyal adoring fan and obsessive stalker. I mean, I REALLY like this band. Anon and I have driven 5 hours for a weekend festival because they were playing, and three hours for a 1 hour 15 minute concert. My oldest knows several of their songs by heart (and by number on the Comatose cd) and my youngest even has two that she requests. From middle school through college, my music tastes leaned towards bands like Nirvana, Guns n Roses, Def Leppard, Metallica, and my two favorite, The Cranberries and Queen - great music, not so great lyrics. Skillet not only has incredible music, but their lyrics have substance and meaning and for the most part are appropriate for my 7 year old to hear.

3. Before I married my husband, I had been camping 0 times. The only state parks I had stepped foot in were Mammoth Cave when I was 3 and Turkey Run when I was in the youth group. In the fall of 2002, we bought a pop up camper, and ever since camping has turned into probably the most fun experiences we have as a family. I would have never dreamed that I would turn into someone who liked to camp, but now we can hardly get enough of it.

4. I love my job. I mention this as a random fact because I think it has merit. It seems like when I hear most people talk about their jobs these days, they are not happy where they are. They either don't like their boss, are looking for a new job, don't want to work but have to, aren't working but want to, or say they would love their job "if only." I'm not saying my work environment is perfect, but after 10 years, I can honestly say I have no desire to quit or work anywhere else. Aside from getting up at 6:00 a.m., I look forward (most days) to going to work, don't watch the clock all day waiting to be done, and even don't mind going in when I don't have to. Of course, I am going to fully enjoy summer vacation, but by August, I will be ready for a new school year.

5. I'm scared of the dark. I'm getting better now that I have kids, because I don't want them to be scared of the dark, so when Jason isn't home and we have to enter the house by ourselves at night, I pretend that I have no problem going into the house. He was out pretty late one night with some guys from church (just wanted to put in there that they were guys from church so you wouldn't wonder what he was doing out so late) and after I put the kids to bed, I searched the entire house, inside closets, under beds before I went to sleep. Why this fear of the dark? Growing up, my parents thought it was fun to randomly turn out all the lights in the house, starting a game of hide and go seek in the dark. I didn't know which was worse, looking for them by myself or staying in one place. Also, my dad would creep down the hall after my brother and I had just gone to bed and then jump up and scare us. Actually, I had a great childhood, and the real reason I am scared of the dark is probably because my mom was, too.

Since this post is getting rather long, and because my family is leaving for a bike ride, I am going to have to post "Tagged, part 2" at a later date. However, tagged part one probably hasn't been too informative for any of you who have read this blog for awhile, because I think I have already posted on each of the above facts. See, I told you I was a mostly boring (maybe predictable is a better word) person.

4 Comments:

Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Welcome back to blogworld, Deb!!!!

I still can't get over the sitting in the shower thing!!!!

June 10, 2007 7:37 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Oh my goodness, Deb!!! Look what happens - - - you leave blogland for a few months and your commenters desert you!!!!! We need to rustle them back in here.

June 10, 2007 4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deb,
It's about time! Just for the record, I'm not scared of the dark unless I'm home alone in the dark! :)

June 11, 2007 11:33 AM  
Blogger Jaena said...

I do know most of these facts about you, Deb; but I have to admit that reading them on your blog made me smile. I love to read your writing.

Oh! And sorry I forgot to call you back. I want to get together but I think I babysit tomorrow. So, it may be next week after all unless you all want to come here and hang out (which you are more than welcome to do). I'll be home until 5 or so.

June 12, 2007 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home