Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I'm Just The Vessel

There are people lurking about the blog world who really need to start their own blog. One in particular has given me some good blog material, and since she does not have her own blog, I am going to post her material here. And since I think it is a good topic, I will add to the list.

The original material regarding life's minor annoyances:

getting to bed and realizing you both forgot to turn down the heat, lock the front door, etc.

losing the remote

getting to Aldi without a quarter

expecting to use a gift card in the "self checkout"lane at Wal-mart and then realizing the lane doesn't accept gift cards

while eating dinner your 3 year old asks for the 18hundredth time, "when are we gonna have a snack"

you get into the car after your husband has just taken a quick trip alone somewhere and it's on empty

you go to use your toothbrush and suspect it tastes like some kind of bathroom cleaner- Oh that hasn't happened to you?

someone calls during American Idol

My washing machine is out of balance in the basement

And to add to the list, Deb's own minor annoyances:

going to the bathroom and realizing as you reach for the toilet paper that the roll has two squares left (and there's no kleenex to rescue you. Happened yesterday to me actually.)

stores/restaurants denying your credit card even though you know it's not even close to the limit. - yep that happened to me twice in the last few months. Once a coworker was behind me in Elder Beerman, and the other was in the Wendys drive thru and I had no cash on me.)

trying to post and children needing me in the background (I KNOW you've been in the bathtub for an hour. I just have to proofread and then I can publish.)

Only a millimeter of milk left in the gallon - and the cereal has already been poured in the bowl. Just drink the last drop already and throw the gallon away.

The phone ringing and none of the four cordless phones are on their base so I can answer.

Realizing we are out of dishwasher detergent and there's a dishwasher full of dirty dishes.

Lights on in every room in the house, both t.v.s are on downstairs, and everyone's upstairs on the computers. Now I sound like my parents (don't you know electricity isn't free!)

Having a flush and my poker nemesis having a full house (on the river, no less.)

Ah, but life is good. If this is all I have to get under my skin, I consider myself blessed. And S.W., we will be waiting for your premiere.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about running that dishwasher full of dirty dishes, not realizing that the kitchen pipes are FROZEN and all that food just gets baked on... only happened to me once.
There's nothing wrong with leaving children in the bathtub while you're blogging. It's only a problem when Daniel splashes my laptop while throwing a toy in my direction.

January 03, 2007 10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, so now I'm a nemesis. :)

I was going to mention one of my annoyances.......like finding out someone was bluffing when I had a straight. (Yeah, Miss "All In".)

Another annoyance: finding your son's socks behind every blasted piece of furniture in the house. Does the guy know where the hamper is? Found a pair behind the family room couch yesterday. Today, I organized stuff under my bed and lo and behold, another pair. AAAHHHHHH!

(A little FYI, I also found my favorite little neice's socks under M****'s bed.) It must run in the family! :)

January 03, 2007 10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy... that S.W. sure gets annoyed alot. She must be high maintenance with a short fuse. Maybe she's scared to start a blog because you may actually read it. - Slamon Wright

January 03, 2007 10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slamon Wright. hahahaha, that was funny.

Will Slamon Wright please start a blog? :)

January 03, 2007 11:24 PM  
Blogger Bekah said...

Amen to the Aldi quarter. I have since taken the good counsel of my friend Julie and I keep a specified "aldi quarter" in my car at all times. It is not allowed to leave the car except to go into an Aldi cart.

AND amen to American Idol interruptions. Unless someone has died or there is visible blood IN MY HOUSE, I do not want to hear it. And even then...can you try to wait until commercial?

PS, Deb - my entire COMPUTER has died at home so the scan of the inside of the card still hasn't happened. As soon as Jim bails me out.....

January 04, 2007 8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I just have road rage, but a huge annoyance for me is when a car pulls out in front of me and goes really slow...and they could have waited because there is NO ONE BEHIND ME!!!

Another one just happened to me Sunday...A ruined meal. I actually had an idea for a nice meal and the whole thing was a flop - I spilled all the sauce and had to start over, the chicken was still alive after cooking it way longer than suggested...we almost threw up at the sight of the nasty chicken and ended up eating fishsticks a few hours later when we got our appetite back...great Sunday meal ;)

You are right though...life is good, and I do have a lot to be thankful for :)

January 04, 2007 8:38 AM  
Blogger Toevs said...

... driving down a narrow street and the car coming towards you is driving on (or over) the yellow line...

... trying to go to the bathroom and your kids keep walknog in on you...

... shopping at dollar general and realizing the only take visa, all you have is mastercard and not enough cash so you have to put things back while your child is throwing a fit and there is a long line waiting...

... doing laundry in the basement, going to the upstairs bedroom and finding more laundry that should be with the load in the washer...

... you know there are a million screwdrivers in your house and yet you can't find a single one...

January 04, 2007 12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

forgetting to put the trash up when there is raw food in it...no puke yet. I may get lucky on this one.

Students who ask EVERYDAY..."Do we need our books today?" or ...Oh don't even get me started. It could go on and on. :)

January 04, 2007 7:55 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I was just thinking about your dog tonight. Glad to hear there's no mess...yet.

January 04, 2007 8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Sis,

Go to my Fellow Freakazoid's CBox.

Please say "YES"!!!!!!

January 05, 2007 2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pet Peeves:

Husband asking me where his wallet and keys are - - - -

Colts losing - - -

People breaking into funeral processions - - -

People driving right up to the point where the lanes merge, then forcing their way in, holding up the REST of the world - - -

Indiana going on Daylight Savings time - - - -

JUST for starters.

January 05, 2007 8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now where's my avatar on YOUR comments????

January 05, 2007 8:38 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Sure - I just need to know what I'm saying yes to. Hey - I've been listening to the new Skillet CD all week and...I love it! Comatose is probably my favorite track, but I don't think there's one on there that I don't like. Looking forward to Agape...

January 05, 2007 9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a GREAT CD, no doubt. Can't wait for the next album.

You have to go to Keri's CBox to find out.....

January 06, 2007 12:18 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I did, but I still don't get it - something about an anonymous dance contest?

January 06, 2007 11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, we can dance one of OkGo's choreographed songs for the little contest their having on myspace. The best video wins! We can add our own our personality to it. We'll have to start working on our moves!

I figure Grammy, Keri and I should begin the process, but since Funny Lady turned us down, that means, you're on!!!!! :)

It'll be fun. Winner gets to perform their dance on stage during their tour.

:)

January 06, 2007 2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deb - - - I'm concerned about the game too - - - I have it on downstairs.

I just heard Jerome Bettis predict the Colts to win - - - Woooo Hooo!!!

January 06, 2007 4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jerome was a great prophet - - - at least in this instance.

;-)

January 06, 2007 8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here we go again, Deb - - - - - 4:30 TODAY!!!! (Did you see yourself in my most recent post?)

January 13, 2007 6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home