Monday, December 04, 2006

Fickle

I want to keep working full time, but yet.......
I want to stay at home.

I want a brand new red H3, but yet.....
I want to keep driving my '98 Honda until it dies.

I want to keep with the tradition of giving the kids 3 gifts at Christmas, symbolizing the 3 gifts Jesus received, but yet.....
I want to throw that tradition out the window and have Christmas like we did when I was a kid (deleted comment regarding my Mom's Christmas tendencies)

I think it would be awesome to have a plasma tv, ipod, expensive digital camera, and all the other cool gadgets, but yet...
I want to throw away the tv we have (except when the Colts are playing, unless they are playing like they did yesterday.)

I want to cook dinner every night, but yet......
I want to eat out every night.

I want the kids to mature and enter into new stages, but yet......
I want them to stay just like they are.

I want to wear my most comfortable sweats or jeans all the time, but yet.....
I want to dress stylish (even if it's uncomfortable.)

When the Colts play, I get really nervous, and when they win I'm ecstatic and when they lose, the rest of the day is a little bleaker, but yet.....
It's just a game, and I don't personally know any of the players - who cares if they win or lose.

I want to come home after work and spend time with my family, but yet......
I want to come home after work and have solitude.

I want to have all my Christmas shopping done and presents wrapped by tomorrow, but yet....
I want to wait until the last minute, enjoying the hustle and bustle of the season and the excitemet of wrapping up last minute goodies on Christmas Eve.

I want to be a "submissive" wife, but yet...........
I want my thoughts heard (and let's face it, I want it my way.)

I want my children to experience the magic of Christmas, even let them believe in Santa Claus as part of that wonder, but yet....
I don't want them to believe in Santa and have that be their focus of the season.

I want to get up early on Saturday mornings and get some projects done, but yet....
I want to sleep in late and be lazy for the day.

I want to be social and fellowship with friends on the weekend, but yet....
I want to get in my pajamas on Friday night and watch taped crime shows.

I want to have the kind of personality that allows me to speak as I feel, even if conflict will result, but yet.....
I want to be the peacemaker.

I want to post on this blog every night, but yet.......
I want to retire the blog.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deb,
Don't retire the blog! I enjoy your thoughts. Sorry about the lack of moderation. :)

December 04, 2006 9:24 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Don't apologize - notice how I said I love it. It must be in the genes - I can feel myself going down that path, much to Jason's chagrin.

December 04, 2006 9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be devestated if you retire the blog! I love reading your thoughts. This was a good one, well worth the wait. I could totally relate. Sorry about Thursday, I'm cancelling until after the first of the year. Too busy and VERY low attendance. Even though it has nothing to do with me, except I provide the place, it feels personal that nobody shows up. Wierd how Satan can use something like that to eat at you.

December 05, 2006 10:31 AM  
Blogger Jaena said...

Deb: Me too on about everything you said. Great as usual.

Kelley: I should have called you these past few weeks, but I don't have your number (poor excuse, I know.) I had a meeting 3 weeks ago, a different meeting two weeks ago, and a Pampered Chef Party that I felt I should support last week. I actually came to your house after one of the meetings to stop in but got back in my car and drove away because I didn't want to bug you showing up late. I miss our talks...maybe in January. :)

December 05, 2006 1:11 PM  
Blogger Toevs said...

I too have had thoughts of retiring the blog... and yet, I enjoy it.

I am with you on so many of the paradoxes you wrote about! -especially the "submissive wife" one! :-)

December 05, 2006 7:49 PM  
Blogger Anon said...

I want to be a great softball player, but yet I want to leave my MVP title in tact.

I want to not have to "watch" what I eat, but yet I kind of like the beeping sound I make whenever I back up.

I want to be cool like my sister-in-law, but yet I like having brown hair.

I want to be a peacemaker, but yet I like having a kind of personality that allows me to speak the way I feel.

I want to not fear water, but yet I like adding excitement to canoe trips.

I want to be the "submissive wife".......hahahahahaha, funny.

December 05, 2006 9:21 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I CARE IF THE COLTS WIN!!!! (hehehehe)

And I'm just getting to know you - - - - PLEASE don't retire your blog.

December 05, 2006 9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, just because we're submissive wives doesn't mean that our voices and opinions can't be heard :) We "submit" our ideas, right?

December 08, 2006 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home