Tuesday, September 05, 2006

New Links

Ah, the decisions to make on who to put on my links list. My sister-in-law JoEllen touched on this subject awhile ago on her blog (Hummels link) and I can relate. Last night after I went to bed, my computer savvy husband added three links to my link list. I felt pretty good about adding Jenn because she has been blogging longer than me, has commented several times on my blog (and me on hers) and I am on her link list. However, the other two links are newbies to the blog world, and maybe they don't want to be linked to by my site (if that is the case, please comment and tell me; my computer savvy husband can take you off.) I had to do it for selfish reasons. These two families are so new to the blog world that they are not a link option on any other blog I check. To read their blog, I had to go into my cousin's blog, find a comment that they had left, click on it, click on their site, and then I had finally arrived. This way I can add them to my quick check routine since I can click on them from my site. There are several other blogs that I check daily or weekly, but I can link to them from other sites. However, if you would really like to be a link on my page and I have not added you, please let me know. I would be happy to oblige.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

could you please, please, please put me on your links? i've always wanted to be featured on your blog........it'd be a dream come true.

whoops, wait a minute......sorry, i almost forgot, i don't have a blog.

maybe someday, i'll be cool like you.

September 05, 2006 8:12 AM  
Blogger jenny marvin mealy said...

I am honored Deb-I guess this means I need to be very careful to keep things updated!

September 05, 2006 9:56 AM  
Blogger Anon said...

Okay, I was just kidding earlier. Could you please add me to your links?

September 05, 2006 1:56 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I don't know how to put a links list on my blog - - - - have a sneaking suspician that my template doesn't offer that. BUT - - - - I'd love to be linked from you to the world.

We had this whole "comments" conversation about a month ago now - - - and it feels to me that links are the same kind of thing. When you see your name on someone's link list it feels like you've ARRIVED!!!!

September 05, 2006 8:17 PM  
Blogger Jaena said...

Keetha, to add a link, you go to you blog like you are going to post, then go to the "Template" tab. Scroll down in the large box that has the HTML and look for the place where there are links (I believe every blog has google as an automatic link.) Just cut and paste or type in the links you want to add. Hope that helps.

September 05, 2006 8:22 PM  
Blogger Terhune Family said...

I am very thrilled to be added as a link on your wonderful blog. I will have to figure out how to add you guys to my link list, someday when I have time. Hee, hee... (I obviously have time to be checking out people's blogs!)

September 05, 2006 11:16 PM  
Blogger Bekah said...

I'm just now catching up on your blog - September has been ridiculously busy and I'm behind. But thanks for making me a link!! I feel very popular to be on someone's link list!! :)

September 11, 2006 11:39 AM  
Blogger Toevs said...

I don't mind being added to your link list... i feel special. :-)

September 13, 2006 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home