Thursday, September 25, 2008

Problems of a Five Year Old

Anna, my five year old, informed me tonight that she has 3 problems. I was trying to enjoy at the time my big bowl of strawberry shortcake loaded with strawberries, ice cream, and whipped cream, but I tried to show the appropriate amount of motherly concern. She listed her problems in the order below.

1. "My first problem is that I'm scared that I am going to have a bad dream when I go to sleep."

2. "My second problem is that I'm scared I won't be able to find you and I'll look inside and outside and you won't be there."

3. "My third problem is you won't share your ice cream with me."

I'm not sure if she listed her problems in order of importance or not. She didn't get any of my ice cream.

4 Comments:

Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

This is PRICELESS.

My heart was getting all melty over the first two fears - - - real ones indeed - - - and then she threw in that curve ball, and NOW I don't know whether to still feel sorry about the first two or laugh my head off about the last one!!!!

Kids these days.

September 26, 2008 9:15 AM  
Blogger Triple Mom said...

I am surprised you didn't share with her, by the time she got to the third one, my heart would have been melting. Quite cute and funny!

September 26, 2008 8:04 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Hey - - - WHY do I have to be at the BOTTOM of your links list?

Who comments more and encourages you to blog more than I do?????

I'm just sayin' - - - -

October 04, 2008 9:21 AM  
Blogger Toevs said...

I wouldn't have shared either.

October 07, 2008 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home