Friday, March 14, 2008

This One's For You, Keetha

When I was a senior in high school, my curfew was midnight. I remember rushing home some nights, trying to make it under the wire. Then I would sometimes get on the phone after that.

In college, curfew (in the dorms) was 1:00 on Saturday nights and 2:00 on Friday nights. I remember midnight basketball games at Center School, 1:00 a.m. Taco Bell Runs, late night pacman games at the Cafe 37, and one night I remember making it from the Ball State campus to our dorm in 27 minutes to make curfew.

Now I can barely keep my eyes open at 11:00 to type this post. Last Friday night I was in bed asleep by 10:30.

When I was in college, sleeping in meant noon or after. I think I slept 50% of winter and spring break.

Now sleeping in is 9:00, and if I sleep too much past that I either have a headache or hip pains.

The weekends just aren't what they used to be.

4 Comments:

Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Hooray for a new post - - - and my name in the TITLE!!!! Woooo Hoooo I have OARRIVED.

I know what you mean about weekends - - - an exciting weekend to me means: No place to go on Saturday and stay in my drawstring pj bottoms ALL DAY LONG!!!!

Of course - - - I never was a REAL night owl in college either - - - but that's another story!

March 15, 2008 9:03 AM  
Blogger K. Karr said...

Oh Deb!
You have struck a chord! Yesterday I had an opportunity to meet friends after school, or go to the gym...you know what I did...went home so I could get a nap on the couch. Then Chuck and I went out to dinner, cause Emily was beginning her evening with friends that I am sure lasted long into the night at her friend's house! And now as I type at 12:45 I am sure she has only been up for 15 minutes. When we got home from dinner the night continues with me on the couch, and finally to bed by 11. I know its a crazy life here in VA!

March 15, 2008 12:35 PM  
Blogger Toevs said...

I used to think Friday and Saturday nights were for going out, and staying out late. Now I am most happy when we have no where to be. And staying up late? I would be more willing if my two little alarm clocks didn't wake up earlier on the weekends than they will on school days! What's that about?!

March 15, 2008 8:15 PM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

What in the WORLD is "oarrived?"

And of COURSE I HAD to put it in all caps so it would REALLY stand out.

Sheeeeesh.

March 16, 2008 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home