Friday, August 11, 2006

A Day With Cousins

You would think by now I would be at least past the novice stage when it came to posting pictures - but I'm not. However, the main purpose of the blog tonight is to let Burke and JoEllen see what their daughter has been up to today while they were living it up in Idaho, so even though the pictures are a little out of order, and I wanted to start this post with an intro instead of a picture, the purpose will still be fulfilled. Last night my niece Maria spent the night (Anna's first official overnight guest - Kismet watched the girls yesterday for me, and when I went to pick them up, Anna came into the living room and said, "I said Maria could spend the night with us tonight) and today Caislyn spent some time with us, too. The picture above was taken by Maria - pretty good photographer, I think. I was glad to have some time with Caislyn today without Grandma or Mommy around so that she would hang out with me. I think she looked around at her options today (Anna, Maria, Elizabeth, or me) and figured I was the safest choice.

Pop Tarts and milk in the living room while watching cartoons - can it get much better? Hey, I don't get this chance very often to spoil my niece - I'm going to take advantage of it.


Anna drew the line on the paper to divide her "half" and Caislyn's "half." Probably I should have done the thing where one draws the line and the other chooses the side, but I'm not sure they get that concept, yet, and Caislyn didn't seem to mind. They are both using their left hand in this picture - great for basketball (and tennis.)


We went to the Van Buren Popcorn Festival in the evening with Caislyn, Grandma Wuertley, and the Womacks.


This was the "Bumpy Barrel Ride" - the kids loved it, and the adults got 7 minutes of free time (you can barely see Elisha in the back.)


This picture's a little blurry because the ride was spinning when I took it. I was pretty proud of my timing since the camera has a delay.


This picture is out of order - we made chocolate chip cookies right before lunch.


Caislyn with her Uncle Jason


JoEllen, in case you didn't know, Caislyn likes tomatoes! I picked this one for your mom and she let Caislyn hold it. Before we knew it, she had eaten about a third of it. She said she was hungry. She's so healthy. Jason tried to get her to eat all of her corn dog without success at the fair - she knows hot dogs aren't healthy for you. She needed some "real" food!

7 Comments:

Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

I LOVE all these pictures!!!!

Worth thousands of words.

August 12, 2006 12:01 AM  
Blogger Jaena said...

You did it, Deb - got some cute pics of Caislyn! I bet Elisha would have something to say if Anna drew the line to divide their drawing sheet...love the art desk, BTW. :)

We had fun tonight; Jim said he wants to make it an annual event (which it may already be for your family.)

August 12, 2006 12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute pics and thanks for inviting us to the annual event......you just had to country line dance without me, didn't you?

August 12, 2006 2:49 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

You really are living this week to the fullest - 2:49 AM? Everyone is going to have a lot less comments next week without you stirring up so much controversy!

August 12, 2006 7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

??????controversy.....please, i mean if everyone around here were as nice as mrs. rowley, then no one would be excluded.....to think, i almost missed kokomo beach too.....i can tell you're ready for me to leave next week.....i'm tellin' ya', i can feel the love......thankfully, i'm a bigger person than that and i won't take it out on your children :) fyi: yes, i was working late with the curtains....they look good, you should come and see them.

August 12, 2006 9:01 AM  
Blogger Keetha Broyles said...

Little nostalgic story brought to mind by the dividing line on the drawing paper - - - - -

Growing up my sister and I shared a room and one double bed. It was a Jenny Lind style bed with a spindle headboard. We used to count the spindles in from each outside edge to find the middle one - - - then my SISTER would draw an imaginary line with the side of her hand from that spindle down the middle of the mattress and tell me to stay on my side!!!!

August 12, 2006 9:03 AM  
Blogger Hummel Family said...

Deb...thank you so much for all the pictures! It makes my heart melt to see her with her cousins... and to see her bonding with her Aunt Deb and Uncle Jason! It sounds like you are having a fun time together. I just tlaked to Mom and she was sharing all the details of the venture to the Popcorn festival. I hear Uncle Jason has the "touch" when it comes to calming Caislyn down! ;)

Thank you again for taking good care of her.

Love ya
JoEllen

August 12, 2006 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home